Thursday, January 10, 2013

Field Trip: Vegas! The IAWTV Awards!

I am back from Vegas! I had a great 3 days there, as Cindy and I decided to watch the IAWTV Awards for our WebSeries Watch.

Here's friend, inspiration, and creator of Skyrim Parodies Kristen Nedopak. We are totally hardcore. Totally. This is what happens when you  drink wine and eat bread at The Wine Cellar in Rio. 


Here is the lovely Venetian. Artificial sky and water. Like a giant Disneyland version of Venice for us ignorant non-travely types. In't cute? The awards were held at The Palazzo Theatre in The Venetian, and while Cindy and I spent all day walking around it, I still felt like I was in a TARDIS. Different areas just kept opening up around different turns. Thank god for their signs, otherwise, I'd be blogging from somewhere inside there right now.

The IAWTV Awards are in their 2nd year. Founded by the International Academy of Web Television, it's the webseries world opportunity to really have a great moment with the growing community and the successes we've all been going through.

It was a pretty great night as I got to hang out with friends, and yet see some web celebrities and feel all "Oooh and Ahhh" about them.

I awkwardly made eye-contact with Felicia Day. My heart went all a-flutter as Chris Hardwick was close by. Truly, I can go on and on about my total NerdCrush on him. He's a pretty remarkable guy and very much adorkable. Kristen got to give him the award for Best Online Channel! Woot.

Here's a panoramic shot of the after party.


Cindy setting up the camera, pre Stockholm interview
Here's Cindy and I all dolled up. We realized we never took a pic of us while actually in Vegas, doing something Vegas-y together. But we did take plenty of travelogue videos that you can watch here: Vegas Playlist. You'll also find videos of our interviews that we were able to have with David Nett and also the peeps behind Stockholm. If you'd like more watch the site: www.web-series-watch.com

We had a good time. It was nice to see friends and share in their adventure. Being there made Cindy and I really excited about what we've been doing with WebSeries Watch, and I'm excited about where we're going to go with it. I think we're on the right path.

I'll keep you posted as we go along. There are so many things to share!

Cindy gambling only on a LOTR slot machine. She won $.30. Which means, she only lost $.70. 


Our furry/blurry hosts. That's Jeffery the black furry think, and Rupert, the blurry gray and white. They were ADORABLE, and made us very happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment