Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's The Haps

My apologies for being out of the loop for the past week! So much is happening in the world!

This week I want you to watch Mythbusters, go see lots of theater, and recycle your old yoga mats.

MYTHBUSTERS

Len Anderson IV, a new family member of The Hothouse, gets to be on Mythbusters this week! As he posted on his Facebook account, "
Mythbusters Fans - I am low and supersonic in an F-18 on the episode "Curving Bullets" Wed. night. 9 pm. Does flying a sonic boom really break glass?" This is pretty friggin' cool if you ask me. Len is an awesome improviser as well as an awesome pilot! Woo hoo!

THEATER GOODNESS,

Opening this week! At the Ark Theatre Company - Hedda Gabler, by good ol' Ibsen.
My friends at Ark are very excited about this performance. As I've never read or seen Hedda, I'm very excited for what will unfold on stage. Buy your online tix here

Also this Friday, it's time for another round of improv at The Hothouse. Meet the cast!


Over at Sacred Fools Theater Company, my wonderful friend Michael Holmes is performing in Madness in Valencia. It looks to be like a fantastic show, it's been given a 'Go" from the LA Weekly. That's huge. For more info: http://www.sacredfools.org/

And last but certainly not least, my lovely and talented friend, Susan Lee is hosting a night of 24 hour theater as a fundraiser for her fall production Gross Indecency at The Eclectic Theatre Company. Here's the blurb:
What happens when writers have no time to write and directors and actors have no time to rehearse? Why, 24 hour theater is what happens!
Friday night, June 12, the writers get assigned a line of dialog and draw a cast out of a hat. They then scurry off to their local coffee house and tap away at their keyboards until early morning.
Saturday, June 13, the directors and actors arrive early in the morning, get together and go off and rehearse.
At 8 PM and 10 PM that night, the show goes on, ready or not. It's a fine line between train wreck and brilliance.
Admission - $10
TWO, COUNT 'EM, TWO SHOWS AT 8 PM AND 10PM.
C'mon, you know you want to see how it all turns out!
This event is a fundraiser for "Gross Indecency, the Three Trials of Oscar Wilde", which opens September 4th at Eclectic Company Theatre.


As for me - I find I'm in a post-show funk. I have free time, but do I really, really want to do anything? Really, I don't have any choice. In two weeks, I'm driving up home for about two months to work for Freshi Films. I get to teach filmmaking camps to bunches of little kiddies all over the Bay! On top of that, I need to pack for moving The Princess Palace, since that's happening while I'm gone. And on top of that? Getting the car smogged and registered. All within the next two weeks. Let's not get into the numerous meetings, auditions, and appointments that are happening as well. Needless to say, I feel a bit like a chicken with my head cut off. But who cares? There's lots of good things happening in the world! Go out and be part of it all!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were going to the Bay for FreshI. Awesome! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you would be up here for so long!!! Does this mean I get to enjoy time with you?!?!?!?!? YIPPEE!!! I'll have OODLES of time since it's summer break.
    Holla!!!

    ReplyDelete