Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What the F Have I Been Up To?

Life has gotten pretty busy lately, I must say. Between two jobs, and two shows in the works, keeping on my life has taken a back burner. I find that really, the only time to play on the computer and blog is now down to happening at work. Of course, I've been holding that off for quite sometime, because who wants to blog at work, especially since I don't have a cubicle and I'm all exposed.....

The two jobs are working for Actors Access answering phones and providing technical support to those who have no clue. Working for Freshi is endearingly fun, as I get to play with elementary school kids and teach them how to make films. Funnily enough, those kids know more than I do on how to use the equipment and are teaching me.

The two shows are my first improv show at The Hothouse - Project 22. I've been taking improv classes since last summer, and at this point, it's like graduation. Of course, we're all still learning what it's like to perform, which is really the point of the whole show. And boy oh boy, is it fun and scary all at the same time. It's definitely something to get used to and learn about.That's the poster for our show. Mom doesn't like that you can't see me as well. So here's another fun one:

The other show I'm involved with is The Country Wife with the Ark Theatre Company. It's a restoration comedy, and since last year our production of The London Cuckolds went over so well, we figured we'd do it again. As in last year's show, I get to play the saucy maid. We're just two weeks into rehearsals, and it's gonna be pretty damn fun. Luckily enough, we have a lot of the same fun people from last year and some wonderful new additions. Gonna be lots of fun with lots of costumes. Whoopee!!

I've also been trying to get back on track with working out. I'm struggling to alternate yoga and jogging every other day. Some weeks are good, some not so much. My running has taken a downward turn. Sad, isn't it? Just a couple of weeks ago I ran 3 miles for the first time ever. And it's been hell trying to get back to that. Luckily enough, Genie and I are so strapped for cash we haven't signed up for any marathons, so there are no impending dates. I guess the point is to just keep training and when we're ready to sign up, training to get up tot 26 miles won't be as difficult. Unfortch, I've been eating lots and lots of crappy food lately. And I felt like I had no will power. So Genie and I have gone back on the Kirsch Diet we did last fall. No carbs, lots of veggies and good protein from turkey, chicken, or fish. And since I don't like fish, it's just chicken and turkey for me! Right now we're on the 5th day out of 14. It's not as bad this time around. Still tricky, yes, but this time not as torturous. We'll see how I feel around day 9.

Money is still tricky. I still get by on the grace and generousity of friends by trading massage or they actually pay me for massage. I am still planning on taking the CBEST, my friend Anna helped pay for the test, and I owe her. Of course, just because I take the test, it doesn't mean that I'll be a substitute teacher overnight. So in the meantime, I'm ignoring the debt collectors and making sure that I can pay my rent, buy food and take care of my phone. I also have people to pay back since they loaned me money. I'm more worried about being in debt to friends than to businesses. Lord knows my friends need it more than those other guys.

Life is good though. I'm surrounded by good people, I have a roof over my head, and I get furry friends to amuse me. So, I'm not rolling in the dough (yet), I'm grateful for what I have, and I know I'm on the right road for more abundance in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Patty! I am also challenging my financial karma right now. I didn't know you worked at Actors Access. I do too! I work at the kiosk in the valley. Hang in there with the training and the diet. I know it is tough, but I believe in you. Victory is not as sweet unless you have struggled to get there. Congrats on the 3 miles! If you can run 3, you can run 26. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all....woo and hoo for the shows! you are doing it baby! it's scary to live your dream (and the pursuing part is an important piece of the dream not to be overlooked)...do what you can with the exercise...be kind to yourself...i love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are wonderful!
    when is the cbest?

    ReplyDelete