Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hothouse Improvisation Level 1 Classes Starting June 8th

My love for improv was resurrected from taking classes at The Hothouse. Their Level 1 class on the basics is starting on June 8th. Sign up now! Here's the info:

Check out the link for more info on our new level 1: http://www.hothouseimprov.com/new_level_1.html

Level 1 Class Schedule:
June 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
July 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th


Hothouse Level 1 w/ John Thies
Meets Mondays, from 7-10pm for 8 Weeks
Tuition: $275

Hothouse Improvisation
4934 Lankershim Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
818.331.2611
http://www.hothouseimprov.com

Honestly, I've never met a more supportive and fun group. My opinion on the whole thing is that they're teaching you the tools to improvise, not teaching you games to be witty at. There are four basic levels, each tackling a different angle of improv. The Level 4 class teaches you how to put it all together for their show style. No, they don't put a name to it, as I know other improv schools do. That's something for me to learn next, I guess. Also, they're extremely willing to help out those of us who are in a financial struggle, but want to take the class. They take payment plans! Woot!

If you're afraid to begin, then this is just right for you. My group were all scared. We all said how much we were scared of improvising, one guy even said how much he hated improv, but heard so much about this group that he'd give it a go. It's good for the writer, the director, the actor, and any other schmuck off the street.

I hope you can sign up and take the class. Please tell John and Lana I say hi!


Note: The links aren't working for some odd reason. So just copy and paste a bit, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment